Age Appropriate Design Code
If you’re an organisation that works with under 18 year olds, you may be interested to know how the Culture Shift platform meets the Age Appropriate Design Code (AADC) to protect younger audiences and to ensure that they can make informed decisions.
We’ve worked hard to ensure that we’re meeting the AADC and we work with our partners to help support younger audiences.
We recommend that partners:
- Ensure that they’re privacy and data policies are accessible to a younger reading age
- That cookies are set to the highest degree of security as default
- Have geolocation off by default
- Include explanations on “why we’re asking questions”
- Give reporting parties ownership of their data, and ensure that they’re able to delete all of their data from the system
We’re still working through some of the finer details and will be:
- Ensuring our best practice questions meet AADC guidance
- Undertaking a DPIA for under 18 year olds using the system
- Understanding the under 18 reporting journey
If you want to find out more about AADC and what it means for you, please get in touch either through the contact us page or by contacting your Relationship Manager.