Full Time position available with flexible working.
At Culture Shift we develop technology that helps organisations to build places of work and study that are safe, happy and supportive for everyone, everywhere. We do this primarily through our reporting software and applying our continuous improvement cycle which allows our partners to listen to concerns, support those affected, analyse trends and activate lasting change through early intervention and targeted prevention.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join the Culture Shift team to realise our creative, digital and strategic vision to create a world of work and study that is safe, happy and supportive for everyone, everywhere. To do this you’ll be taking an essential role in helping us better understand our partners and users so that we can prevent unacceptable behaviour in the workplace and across education.
Your primary responsibility is to turn qualified opportunities into new partners (clients). The role requires relationship building, consultative selling skills and tight collaboration with the sales and marketing team to further qualify, progress, negotiate terms and close new opportunities in order to increase annual recurring revenue. The Business Development Manager is accountable for the revenue target for their respective workstream and will be expected to report against targets, maintain accurate data in Hubspot and be able to communicate key metrics to the Sales Leaders as required. The Business Development Manager will contribute to increasing the average customer value and shortening the sales cycle over time. Continuous expansion of sector and diversity and inclusion expertise, plus personal development of sales skills is required.
Collaboration and energy are key drivers for success, you have an important voice and can contribute to the wider sales and marketing teams, delivering messaging and product feedback into the marketing and product teams and working proactively to drive overall performance.
- Progress qualified opportunities through to close
- Build and maintain prospect relationships in order to move opportunities through the pipeline expeditiously
- Consistently achieve and exceed targets, constantly seeking opportunities to improve processes, taking a consultative sales approach to close deals faster
- Produce qualified opportunities and be able to communicate key metrics to Sales Leaders as required
- Manage and maintain a sales pipeline capable of delivering targets
- Identify key decision makers at the earliest opportunity to ensure buy-in
- Prepare, provide and follow up contracts to ensure signature in good time
- Handle contract negotiations including amending terms and conditions as required, preserving Culture Shift’s standard terms as much as possible and liaising with the Sales Leaders and FD to ensure timely responses to more complex contract queries
- Track all sales activity using Hubspot CRM and utilise appropriate dashboards and reports to demonstrate progress to targets
- Ability to provide tailored demonstrations of the Culture Shift product, effectively communicate the value proposition in relation to the needs of the prospect, and be able to react to objections and competitive questions
- Analyse business trends to identify opportunities to increase sales in relevant market sector
- Work closely with the Sales Leaders and Head of Marketing to develop understanding of our ‘go to market’ strategy and provide feedback in line with sector demands
- Collaborate with the wider business to ensure continued growth – feeding back into product, marketing and success teams
- Attend networking events and conferences to increase industry knowledge and build relationships
- Experience using Hubspot (or similar CRM system) and continuous development of skills
- Experience in the relevant market sectors
- Strong understanding of sales best practices and procedures
- Excellent communication skills
- Proactive, tenacious approach and able to work/act on their own initiative with a positive can-do attitude and tireless work ethic. Driven and self-sufficient.
- Enjoy having broad responsibilities in a busy, dynamic environment, providing input to the wider team.
- Excellent people and relationship building skills
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to prioritise
Culture Shift is a tech-for-good start-up that launched in January 2018. We’re an ambitious SaaS business that was recognised by Tech Nation as one of the Top 20 Rising Stars. You’ll be sharing your ideas and experience with an established and growing team of 20 people in a collaborative, creative, and supportive environment.
Please send through your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com and expect a response from us within a week. If successful, you’ll be invited to interview. The interview will cover areas related to your role as well as cultural questions for the team. As part of the interview process we may set a short role play. You will be fully briefed ahead of the session. We may run a second round of interviews if needed.
Keep in touch
Sign up to our newsletter to receive monthly insights and resources.